|SmallBizLady BYOB Contest Details
Win a VIP Coaching Day with Melinda Emerson @SmallBizLadyAmerica’s #1 Small Business Expert!
In celebration of my new book Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months, 2nd Edition, I am launching a YouTube Contest to find my biggest fan. I appreciate all of my readers, followers, and fans so much, and I’m thrilled to be offering this once in a lifetime opportunity to one of you to come to Philadelphia for a VIP Coaching day with me.
I want to hear how my book Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months, my blog, #Smallbizchat, webinars, or any of my columns has helped you run your dream business. This is where your creativity will really pay off. You can say anything you want such as what aspects of the book inspired you to start your business or the most important aspect of the 12 month guide.
How to Enter:
- Record and upload a video of yourself to YouTube sharing how my book has helped you with your dream business
- Submit your YouTube video between now and February 9th at 11:59pm ET
- Add the hashtag #SmallBizLadyBYOB for submission the contest! You must add the hashtag in order to validate your submission.
- The video can not be more than 90 seconds
- Only one submission allowed per person
How contest will work:
The top videos will be selected for voting from the public via social media.
- The video submission period is through February 9, 2015 at 11:59 pm ET
- Voting will take place from Feb. 10, 2015 to Feb. 17, 2015 at 6 pm ET
- Users can login and vote with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, and Tumblr.
- The Winner will be announced Feb. 18, 2015 on #Smallbizchat and in my weekly Wednesday newsletter.
- The contest is open to U.S. Residents Only.
- The winner will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation to Philadelphia, PA.
- The session will be half-day session, and scheduled based on Ms. Emerson’s availability.
- Financial value of prize is $4,995.00, the prize is non-transferable, and there is no cash value.
- Prize must be scheduled before Sept. 1, 2015.
SmallBizLady YouTube Contest Rules 2015
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PROMOTION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE
The object of the Contest is to create and share an original video (the “Entry”) to #SmallBizLadyBYOBVideo Contest You must post a video with the hashtag “#SmallBizLadyBYOB” from your YouTube or Instagram via a public Instagram or YouTube account in accordance with these Official Rules to be eligible. The most compelling Entries in accordance with these Official Rules and based upon criteria set forth in the Judging section below to determine Finalists to compete during public voting period.
- Eligibility: SmallBizLadyBYOB Video Contest (the Contest) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Quintessence Group and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Quintessence Group P.O. Box 280 Drexel Hill, PA 19026. Administrator: Melinda Emerson
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in The Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on [January 2nd, 2015] at [12:00 am and EST] and ends on February 9, 2015 at [11:59pm and EST] and consists of three phases as set forth below:
|Phase||Start [TIME & TIME ZONE]||End [TIME & TIME ZONE]|
|Submission||January 2nd, 2015||February 9, 2015, 11:59 pm ET|
|Judging||February 10, 2015||February 17, 2015|
|Voting||February 10, 2015||February 17, 2015, 6:00 pm ET|
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest
- How to Enter: To enter you must (1) be a follower/fan of [SmallBizLady] and (2) submit your entry and the Hashtag pursuant to the (a) Content Restrictions (as set forth in the Content Restrictions section below), and (b) YouTube Terms of Service available at https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms. Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at twitter.com and Instagram Terms of Service available at http://instagram.com
- To Participate in this Contest, you must have a valid, public (i.e. not protected) Twitter, YouTube account or Instagram Account (which platform used for submission of your entry). If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Twitter account. Online entry only. No other method of entry will be accepted. Participants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware that may be required in order to create and/or submit any Entry.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Video Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may deny any submission that fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must include “#SmallBizLadyBYOB”
- The video entry cannot be longer than 90 seconds.
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means; and
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant; unless the entrant is holding a hard copy of Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months or wearing a #Smallbizchat t-shirt.
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
- If an Entrant/voter submits more than the stated number of Submissions/votes permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an Entrant/voter attempted to obtain additional Submissions/votes by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, only the first of such Submissions/votes submitted by the Entrant/voter will be valid and subsequent Submissions/votes may be declared null and void.
- In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is severely undermined by any event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without any further obligation.
- If Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, a notice will be posted online; Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to judge all valid and eligible Submissions received up to the time of such Force Majeure event in order to award the prize, providing a sufficient number of Submissions are received. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the Contest as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion.If technical malfunctions or suspect voting/irregularities corrupt the voting process, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award the prizes based solely on non-suspect votes and the judges scores.In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and all eligible Submissions received prior to termination will be judged, per these Official Rules
- Proof of submitting Submissions/votes will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor/YouTube.Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation/voting will void all such Submissions/votes by such methods.Sponsor reserves the right to freeze or close an account or to prohibit the participation/voting of an individual/account holder if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
Limit: Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address and/or social media account used for to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” of an email account is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The “authorized account holder” of a social media account is the natural person assigned that account by the social media networking site/agency responsible for assigning accounts associated with that social networking site/agency. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the entrants during the Submission Phase based on creativity/originality, quality of submission and fit to contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select all Finalists for voting.Voting Phase:During the Voting Phase, the Finalists’ Submissions will be posted in an online contest platform for public voting at the following url: www.succeedasyourownboss.com/bookcontest
Persons who meet the eligibility criteria as set forth in Section 1 are invited to log-in to Facebook (registering for a Facebook account is free) and Twitter (registering for a Twitter account is free) and vote for the Submission they believe has the most public appeal. Limit: Each person may vote one (1) time per day during the Voting Phase. Multiple votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated number will be void.
Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Subject to the Finalist’s compliance with these Official Rules, the top three (3) Finalist whose Submission receives the highest number of valid votes during the Voting Phase will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate Grand Prize winner(s) should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
- Winner Requirements/Notification:
The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. The Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to complete, electronically sign and submit a Declaration of Compliance within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the Declaration of Compliance within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. If the potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign the Declaration of Compliance on the potential winners behalf and fulfill any other requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules.Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate winners will be identified, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled based on Ms. Emerson’s schedule, but must be scheduled by Sept. 1, 2015.
Grand Prize Winner (i.e., total of 1 winner) shall receive a one half-day VIP coaching session with Melinda Emerson “SmallBizLady” in Philadelphia, PA $4,999.00 each. The winner is responsible for their own transportation and accommodation to attend the coaching session in Philadelphia, PA.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be provided. Sponsor in its own discretion reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes (federal, state, local) and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Total ARV for all prizes: $4,999.00 Limit: One (1) Prize per person.
- General Conditions:
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions/entries received up to time of such action either using the judging procedure (for the Contest), as outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability:
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than one prize will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Philadelphia County, State of Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Pennsylvania.
- Winner List:
Winners list will be provided in the Description located here: www.succeedasyourownboss.com
To request the name of the winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Quintessence Group P.O. Box 280 Drexel Hill, PA 19026. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date Feb. 9, 2015 through March 1, 2015.
©2015 Quintessence Group.All Right Reserved.