Sean McCool is an award-winning digital marketing consultant, strategist, and performance coach with 34 years of experience in sales, marketing, and copywriting. Sean is the founder of Sean McCool Consulting, where he helps companies worldwide build their digital presence, enhance customer experience, and ensure that online visitors ultimately convert to clients. Sean is also the host of the podcast, Persuasion by the Pint, and the founder of the life coaching business, Rise Up Champion Enterprises, LLC.
Sean joins me today to share his top marketing and sales tips, specifically focusing on how copywriting contributes to achieving sales objectives. Sean discusses why you should think of sales like an invitation and how to approach sales copy in a way that resonates with your intended audience. Sean also highlights the importance of effective sales funnels and which tools he recommends for tracking conversions.
“We have a responsibility to our people to serve them and part of service is making sure they take action, even in spite of themselves sometimes.” – Sean McCool
Listen to the podcast below:
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- The three components to consider with any marketing campaign
- The definition of copy and the importance of writing compelling copy in marketing
- What an offer truly is and how to think of offers
- What you need to understand about your brand audience
- Sean’s tips for writing good sales copy
- Why you should use templates for writing sales copy and the three types of templates Sean uses
- What counts as a conversion and the best ways to track conversions
- Sean’s “aisle nine” secrets for writing headlines that make people want to continue reading
- How to engage with customers and create effective sales funnels
- What to consider if you are thinking about hiring a copywriter
Connect with Sean McCool:
- Sean McCool
- Sean McCool on LinkedIn
- Sean McCool on Twitter
- Sean McCool on Instagram
- Podcast: Persuasion by the Pint
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!