2020 has been one of the most challenging times for many people – especially business owners. The novel coronavirus pandemic has forced many businesses and employees to take a hard look at their careers and business trajectory and make some tough decisions. And while some business owners have been able to successfully pivot or reinvent themselves, others have been forced to close.
Whether the pandemic has forced you to reinvent your existing business or consider starting a new venture of your own – I have a gift for you!
In today’s episode, I share why I have decided to give away 1,000 copies of my book: Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months. I share how my book has helped over 100,000 entrepreneurs over the last 10 years and how you can use it to reinvent your current business or start your very first venture. I breakdown the framework you need to go from having a day job to being your own boss. I reveal how it helps existing business owners pivot their existing strategies to deal with changing circumstances and how it can help you identify potential capital sources, create a plan for making time for family, and outline detailed customer profiles to make sure your idea is viable. I also share how you can stand out from your competitors, why you should initially keep your day job, and how you can get your hands on a free copy of my book.
“If you are in business, if you want to start a business, or you are trying to reinvent a business: you have to figure out what you want and why.” – Melinda Emerson
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- Why I am choosing to give away 1,000 free copies of my book
- How the book can help you identify your endgame so you can build your plan and business
- How Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months enables you to identify capital sources for starting a business
- How you can approach your partner (and others) to get them on board with your new venture
- Why you have to think about the time you will invest in the new business and how this will affect your relationships
- Why it’s essential to set some time aside for your family
- How you can target potential customers for feedback to see if your business idea is viable
- Why experience in your chosen business venture is important
- How you can create a detailed target customer profile
- How you can position yourself differently from your competitors
- Why it’s a good idea to start a business while still working at your 9-5 job
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!