Mary Fran Bontempo is the Co-Founder of Brilliantly Resilient, a podcast that teaches audiences strategies and tools to thrive in the face of adversity and beyond. Mary is a TEDx speaker and the author of four books, including The 15-Minute Master, which focuses on her son’s heroin addiction and how to navigate a crisis. She is a Bucks Happening Author Award winner and was recognized as a 2017 YWCA Woman Who Makes a Difference. Mary has been featured in numerous publications, including Thrive Global and Huffington Post. She is also a featured columnist for Best Kept Self and Women’s Voices Magazine.
Mary joins me today to discuss how you can be brilliantly resilient and prepare for unexpected moments, such as the epidemic crisis. She shares her strategy for being brilliantly resilient in three steps and highlights the importance of taking a moment to breathe, not giving in to your fears, and finding the skills and actions that will help you move forward. She also shares how faith and her tribe of people are vital resources for finding motivation and offering support as a coping mechanism.
“Everyone has natural gifts – that is where your brilliance lies.” – Mary Fran Bontempo
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- Why it is vital to stay in the present moment and prepare for the unexpected
- Why you need to explore all options and not be afraid of asking for help
- The three parts of being brilliantly resilient
- Taking a pause, reviewing your values and what is important to you, and identifying your controllables
- Making ‘what you can do’ decisions to affect the situation
- Recognizing your skills and talents and aligning them with your natural gifts
- Reflecting on bad times to identify the resources you used to get through them
- The power of faith and finding coping mechanisms
- Mary’s favorite podcast and business app
- Where Mary finds motivation and her favorite business book
Connect with Mary Fran Bontempo:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!