So, you’ve decided to hire a business coach to help you take your business to the next level. Support and guidance are so valuable when you’re developing your business. But, what you may not know is that coaching is an unregulated industry? Don’t get sucked in by shiny social media posts promoting a coaching service without thoroughly researching the coach and their business background. If you want to have a great coaching experience, you need to find a business coach who has been where you want to go and who has the expertise to help you.
In today’s episode, I share why business coaching is a great way to achieve your desired business results, but why you should be wary of hiring an inexperienced ‘new business barbie.’ I explain how to get the most out of the coaching process and how to ensure that you’re coachable, ready to set goals, and commit to reaching them with the support of your coach. I also dive into the three central reasons why, occasionally, coaching doesn’t work and how to avoid those pitfalls.
“Anybody can call themselves a coach.” – Melinda Emerson
Listen to the podcast below:
Here’s what you’ll learn on this episode:
- How to have a positive coaching experience
- Why it’s critical to have the right chemistry with your coach
- How to determine the right time to hire a business coach
- Why you should talk to three business coaches before you commit to the process
- How to hire a business coach
- Signs that your coach is a legitimate business expert
- The importance of being open to feedback from your coach
- How to maximize the value of coaching by optimizing the time period
- How to prepare yourself to achieve real value from a business coach
Your SmallBizChat Action Point for the Week:
- Don’t take advice or coaching from someone who has not been where you are trying to go. Make sure they have demonstrated expertise in more than one place online.
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!