Eliot Buchanan is the Co-Founder of Plastiq, a company that helps small businesses send and receive payments via credit card or cash for any expense. His strategic vision and innovative business model have helped thousands of companies receive billions of dollars in payments, many in cash where credit cards are not accepted. Originally from Canada, Eliot holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Harvard University. His mission is to make it easier for businesses to handle payments, boost cash flow and control their finances.
Eliot joins me today to discuss why he chose to start his business and how it helps small business owners. He reveals his biggest takeaways from last year’s challenges and how they are impacting his approach to business in 2021. He explains why the pandemic’s adversity will create a boom in the entrepreneurial world and how you can take control of your small business finances. He highlights the needs of small businesses that need solutions right now and shares his advice for anyone looking to secure business funding to save their company. He also shares his predictions for the small business community in the coming year and the possible challenges they face in 2021.
“In this post-crisis world, being cautiously optimistic and preserving optionality is going to be the key to getting through 2021.”- Eliot Buchanan
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- Why Eliot chose to start Plastiq to help small business owners
- Eliot’s most significant takeaway as a business owner going into 2021 following the challenges of last year
- Why 2021 will be a boom year for new business startups and entrepreneurs
- How small business owners can take control of their money in 2021
- The facilities that small businesses need to fulfill right now
- Advice for business owners looking for funding to save their business
- Predictions for the small business community in 2021
- Challenges that small business owners could face this year
- The Strategy of Blitzscaling Podcast
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Disrupt You! by Jay Samit
Connect with Eliot Buchanan:
- Plastiq on LinkedIn
- Plastiq on Instagram
- Plastiq on Facebook
- Plastiq on Twitter
- Eliot Buchanan on LinkedIn
- Eliot Buchanan on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!