Jay Samit is an entrepreneur, keynote speaker, and bestselling author. He is widely recognized as a leading expert on disruption and innovation. He has been described by Wired magazine as “having the coolest job in the industry,” raising hundreds of millions of dollars to help startups, working with Fortune 500 companies, transforming industries, and being at the forefront of global business trends. In his bestselling book, Disrupt You!, he shares his methods for expanding established businesses and creating new markets. His latest book, Future Proofing You, shares twelve truths for maximizing wealth and creating opportunity in an uncertain world.
Today, Jay shares the inspiration behind his first book and the feedback he has received from others on their successes after reading it. He reveals how he worked with a young man for a year, taking him from being homeless and couch surfing to creating a million-dollar business. He shares how he condensed his experiences into the 12 truths he describes in his latest book and why every business should think of itself as a tech startup. He explores why now is an excellent time to take any business to the next level and why success doesn’t come down to your IQ or education. He also reveals why you should never ‘go it alone’ in business, how you can approach someone to be your mentor, and how fear can be a helpful tool to expand or start your business.
“Disruption isn’t about what happens to you; it’s about how you respond to what happens to you.” – Jay Samit
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- The inspiration behind Jay’s books
- How Jay worked with a young man for a year, transforming his life in incredible ways
- How Jay condensed the experience into the 12 truths of success
- Why every business is a tech startup and the importance of thinking that way
- How identifying a void or niche will springboard your new business
- Why it’s an excellent time for your business to go to the next level
- How being successful comes down to perseverance and insight, not education or intellect
- Why you shouldn’t go it alone and need others to help you along the way
- How to approach someone to mentor you
- How fear can be a valuable tool to push you to start your business
Connect with Jay Samit:
- Jay Samit’s Website
- Book: Disrupt You!
- Book: Future Proofing You
- Jay Samit on LinkedIn
- Jay Samit on Instagram
- Jay Samit on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!