Ecommerce expert, John Lawson, is the go-to authority for online selling success. He is the author of the best-selling social marketing book, Kickass Social Commerce for Entrepreneurs. He is a multi-award-winning social commerce strategist and sought-after keynote speaker who has traveled to five continents to address thousands of business leaders and entrepreneurs. John has achieved the Platinum eBay Power Seller status and was the top-rated Merchant and Small Business Influencer of the year.
John joins us today to describe how to successfully navigate the Ecommerce world as a small business. He describes Amazon’s growth during the pandemic and explains why the company will be fine in the long run despite recent losses. He offers advice for picking the right shopping platform for your online store. He also highlights why all businesses—whether they’re product- or service-based—should have a content strategy, and underscores how to price products when selling on online platforms like Amazon or eBay.
“The best advice I ever got was that you make your money when you buy your product, not when you sell your product. You have to buy right.” – John Lawson
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How online selling and Ecommerce have grown in 2020 and 2021
- Why Amazon sales are down and why John thinks the company will be fine
- The power of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in growing your business
- Setting up an online store or website
- Why every business needs a content strategy
- The difference between push and pull content
- How to price your products when selling on Ecommerce platforms
Connect with John Lawson:
- ColderICE Media
- Book: Kick Ass Social Commerce for E-preneurs: It’s About the Likes, It’s About Sales
- ColderICE Media on LinkedIn
- ColderICE Media on Facebook
- ColderICE Media on Twitter
- John Lawson on LinkedIn
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!