Carolyn Crummey is a small business advisor and digital marketing expert with over three decades of experience in starting, managing, and running a successful business. She is the owner of VirTasktic, a boutique marketing agency that provides bespoke marketing services. She helps entrepreneurs and small-to-midsize companies improve their marketing strategy, business efficiency, increase online visibility.
Today, Carolyn joins me to explore content marketing, explaining why small business owners need to focus on this type of marketing activity. She points out that many small businesses don’t optimize the opportunities available to them through content and outlines how to figure out the best content channels for your company. She differentiates video conversions from other content and reveals how much you need to invest in content marketing each month. Carolyn also shares the best blog length for conversions as well as how often you need to update your content marketing strategy.
“It’s a strategic marketing approach to focus on creating, distributing, and promoting valuable, relevant, and consistent content that’s geared towards attracting your target audience.” – Carolyn Crummey
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- What content marketing is and why it’s crucial to business owners
- The many opportunities small businesses miss with content marketing
- How to figure out the best content channels for your business
- Comparing video conversions to other types of content
- The resurgence and power of Pinterest
- The time and resources needed to invest in content each month
- The pros and cons of AI writing tools
- The optimal length for blog posts for SEO and conversions
- How often a small business should update their content strategy
- Podcast: Online Marketing Made Easy
- Book: Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork by Dan Sullivan
Connect with Carolyn Crummey:
- VirTasktic on LinkedIn
- VirTasktic on Instagram
- VirTasktic on Facebook
- VirTasktic on Twitter
- Carolyn Crummey on LinkedIn
- Carolyn Crummey on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!