Kathey Porter is a Speaker, Author, Small Business Strategist, and CEO of Porter Brown Associates. She is a supplier diversity expert with over two decades of experience in small business development and entrepreneurship. Kathey has written multiple business books and hosts a podcast that shares advice and tips on scaling and growing a business. Kathey holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Savannah State University and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University – College of Business Administration.
Today, Kathey shares some insights on getting corporate contracts now that the business world is opening back up and why you need an institutional acquisition strategy. She reveals why having a business certification can help you get in front of the right business prospects and why supplier diversity has become so important. She explains what supplier diversity professionals do and how their programs create opportunities for small businesses. She also reveals how she works with her clients and what she does to help them scale and grow their businesses.
“That supplier diversity professional is there to help you navigate that landscape and make those connections.”- Kathey Porter
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How to get a corporate contract in the post-COVID business world
- Why every business should have an Institutional Acquisition Strategy (IAS)
- How getting your business certified can help you get in front of people
- What supplier diversity is and why it’s become so important
- How supplier diversity professionals help create opportunities
- How Kathey works with her clients to help them scale and grow
Connect with Kathey Porter:
- Porter Brown Associates
- Kathey Porter’s Website
- Podcast: Becoming BusinessFAB
- Book: 50 Billion Dollar Boss
- Kathey Porter on LinkedIn
- Kathey Porter on Instagram
- Kathey Porter on Facebook
- Kathey Porter on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!