Dr. Chloe Carmichael is a Leading Clinical Psychologist and TV Expert. She heads a successful practice in New York City working with people on stress management, relationship issues, and career coaching. She has appeared on ABC, CBS, VH1, and other media outlets to share her expertise, is on the Advisory Board for Women’s Health Magazine, and writes an expert blog for Psychology Today. Dr. Chloe holds a Master’s Degree and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Long Island University and graduated Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Columbia University. She is also the author of Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety, a roadmap for high achievers to channel their restlessness, distractions, and roadblocks productively.
Today, Dr. Chloe shares the trends she has noticed on how people are dealing with stress during the pandemic and how stress can affect highly successful people. She reveals what it means to be a high-functioning person and how many people fit into this category without realizing it. She shares some of the tools you can use to harness your anxiety and put your nervous energy to productive use. She also shares the mental shortlists that can help high-functioning people, why it’s good to schedule a time for your worries, and how you can clear your mind for the more important things.
“Take that stress and use it as a springboard for healthy activities.” – Dr. Chloe Carmichael
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How people are coping with stress during the pandemic
- How stress affects highly successful people
- What it means to be a high-functioning person
- Anxiety tools to help you harness your nervous energy
- Mental shortlists to help high functioning people
- Why it’s a good idea to schedule ‘worry time.’
Connect with Dr. Chloe Carmichael:
- Chloe Carmichael
- Book: Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety
- Chloe Carmichael on LinkedIn
- Chloe Carmichael on Instagram
- Chloe Carmichel on Facebook
- Chloe Carmichael on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!