With over 20 years of experience, Michele Phillips knows the excitement and challenges of leading a team and business, both large and small. Michele brings her wealth of knowledge and experience to help her clients succeed in their businesses. In an industry where 80% of businesses fail, Michele not only grew but successfully sold and exited her company after eight years. She scaled her business to seven figures with 14-17% profit year-over-year. Beyond her experience as an entrepreneur, Michele also excelled in sales and project management in the corporate banking world. Find out more about Michele at cultivateadvisors.com.
Dee Bowden is the founder of BCS Solutions, and author of the book Collect the Cash. She works with small businesses who want to solve their cashflow problem. Her mission is to keep businesses in business. After collecting $6 million in 60 days while working for a small IT company, she realized small businesses had fallen prey to revenue loss because they don’t collect outstanding debt. She’s been featured in Forbes, Enterprise, and Thriving Global Magazine. One of the strategies she uses is reciting affirmations. For more information, find her at CollectTheCash.biz.
Barry Banther is a family business expert. He is a speaker and a gentleman, and he has been helping family businesses work together and live together in harmony for over three decades. He’s been a lead consultant on over 400 engagements to help improve small business performance. From strategy to planning to secession and exit strategies, Barry’s clients depend on him. A client and president of a 120-year-old family business described Barry this way, “Barry is a leader of leaders. His wisdom, encouragement, and knowledge have helped us grow personally and professionally for the past ten years.” If you want more information about Barry Banther, go to BarryBanter.com.
Three amazing guests – Michele Phillips, Dee Bowden, and Barry Banther – join me simultaneously for a fun, lighthearted, rapid-fire round of my favorite business questions.
We get their opinions on some business tools, old-school marketing tips, and great books for aspiring business owners.
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- Fun, fast-paced round of questioning.
- Our guests’ favorite podcasts.
- Their favorite business app.
- Their favorite old-school marketing tip.
- Plus a few other questions about great resources for up-and-coming business leaders.
- Use SBL50 to get 50% off all online courses at: http://smallbizladyuniversity.com/
- In Search of Excellence by Tom Peters and Robert H. Waterman, Jr.
- Never Lose a Customer Again by Joey Coleman
- Think and Go Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Disrupt You! by Jay Samit
Connect with Michele Phillips:
- Website: https://cultivateadvisors.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelephillips-bizadvisor/
Connect with Dee Bowden:
- Website: https://collectthecash.biz/
- Book: https://collectthecash.biz/book/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Collectthecash.biz/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dee-bowden-5b379b4/
Connect with Barry Banther:
- Website: https://barrybanther.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwglzsDbdcwsc6AJ2WFDM4w
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/barrybanther/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BarryBanther
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barrybanther
- Book: http://aleadersgift.com/
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!