Alfred Mai is the Founder and CEO of ASM Games, a card game company in San Francisco that aims to make tabletop games that build connections and bring people together. Alfred has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business and Economics from the University of California, Santa Barbara. Following a career in digital marketing—specializing in mobile campaigns—Alfred started ASM Games in 2019.
Today, Alfred joins me to share his journey in creating his card game business and why he chose to start selling on Amazon instead of his own site. He reveals some of the pros and cons of selling through Amazon and explains why it’s important to do your own marketing when trading on the platform. He offers tips on driving traffic to your Amazon listing and promoting products without buying ads. Alfred also outlines the best practices for creating an Amazon listing and getting reviews from buyers.
“Amazon sellers need to be prepared for this new reality: that it will be more and more pay to play—that it will cost you to get visibility.”- Alfred Mai
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How Alfred started his card game business
- Why Alfred started selling on Amazon rather than his own website
- The pros and cons of selling on Amazon
- Why it’s important to do your own online marketing even if you are selling on Amazon
- How to drive traffic to your Amazon listing
- How to promote your products on Amazon if you are not buying ads
- How to create a good product listing on Amazon
- The best ways to get reviews on Amazon
- App: Amazon Seller
- Book: The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
Connect with Alfred Mai:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!