Melissa Muhammad is a Global Business Expert and International Tax Attorney who specializes in helping international businesses operate worldwide. For over 20 years, she has traveled to numerous countries negotiating billion-dollar transactions and has trained tax officials in over 153 nations. Now, she helps Black-owned businesses export globally and access government resources to turn concepts into contracts. For more information: https://blackandglobalbusinessnetwork.com
In this episode, I welcome guest Melissa Muhammad to discuss the importance of exporting for businesses, the role of the Department of Commerce, and understanding trade missions. We delve into the Step Grant Program, currency exchange risks, and expected outcomes from trade missions. Melissa shares her best business advice and introduces her venture, Black And Global Essentials.
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- The Black And Global Business Network is a platform dedicated to helping Black-owned businesses utilize U.S. government resources to sell their products and services globally.
- Exporting can be a lucrative long-term strategy for small businesses, with government programs like the Step Grant Program offering resources such as translation services and insurance policies to mitigate risks and facilitate international trade.
- Trade missions are valuable for small businesses looking to expand internationally, providing opportunities to form relationships and sign contracts with potential partners abroad, typically within a timeline of 12 to 36 months for seeing tangible results.
Online Courses: https://smallbizladyuniversity.com
Brand in Demand Group Coaching: https://smallbizladyuniversity.com/brandindemand-groupcoaching
Connect with Melissa Muhammad:
- Website: https://blackandglobalbusinessnetwork.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blackandglobal
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/blackandglobal1
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/blackandglobalbusinessnetwork_
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!