Here’s A Business That Requires No Education and Training, You Can Make More Than A Hi-Tech Worker and Get A Discount On A New Car
The internet changed the jobs picture in America and created new money making opportunities along with it. People drive taxi cabs today and put up with the low pay because they can’t find anything better. The average taxi driver today makes about $30,000 per year and they seem to constantly live in fear that they will pick up a customer who will not pay or worse a customer will do them harm.
There is a new game in town called UBER. You probably heard of them, they are taking over the taxi business with a computer App. Here’s what they do:
- Pay drivers up to $75,000 to $90,000 per year for a 40-hour week (High Tech workers In the USA make about $87,000)
- They register every passenger ahead of time so there is no fear factor with customers
- You decide when, where, and how much you want to work
- You choose if you want the job when a ride request shows up on your iPhone
- Uber helps you get an iPhone if you don’t have one
- You don’t have to worry about getting paid by the customer because Uber has the customer’s credit card and sends you the money with a tip, and
- They’re cheaper than most taxis
ONE MORE THING. This job requires you to have a fairly new car. If you don’t, no worries. There are a bunch of cities where Uber needs a lot more drivers than they have because business is booming. In those cities Uber will get you a deal on a new car and help with the financing. If you’re making $90,000 per year with your car, financing companies love you. One of the financing companies that Urber works with says they only turned down 2 applications out of the 300 they received at that time. Uber is currently in about 140 cities and about 22 of them offer car financing.
Here are the results from a study from the University of California on why people are using internet ride sourcing companies like Uber:
Reasons For Using Ride Sourcing:
- Ease of Payment 35%
- Short Time Wait 30%
- Drinking and Driving 21%
- No Public Transport Option 6%
Here is something I think is more important about Uber. They are part of the new economy that is growing while the old economy is shrinking. Uber is providing customers a more convenient option at a lower cost, and is doing it with very few employees and not owning any cars. All they have, basically, is a web page and an iPhone App.
The people on Wall Street say this company already has a value of about $17 Billion. That is more than Hertz and Avis combined. WOW! This – after only being in business for a few years.
“Hand Business Woman Open Car Door” courtesy of koko-tewan / www.freedigitalphotos.net
About the author: Matthew Lesko is a New York Times Best Selling Author and Entrepreneur, America’s #1 Consumer Expert On Free Money Programs. The Washington Post calls Lesko “A Genius”.