Mike Michalowicz is an author, speaker, and the founder of Profit First Professionals. He works with small business owners and financial professionals to help them differentiate themselves in the market and attract more customers. Mike has written many business books, including Profit First, The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, and The Pumpkin Plan. His latest book, Get Different, lays out a simple system for creating marketing strategies that get noticed and get results.
John Lawson is a best-selling author and the CEO of ColderICE Media, helping small businesses with online sales and marketing. He has sold millions of dollars of e-commerce merchandise, reaching the status of a top-rated Amazon Merchant, Platinum eBay PowerSeller, and Small Business Influencer of the Year. John is a regular speaker on e-commerce and social media marketing and is recognized as one of The 50 Most Influential People in SMB Marketing.
In today’s episode, Mike and John share their extensive expertise in marketing and e-commerce. They share why the pandemic has caused a small boom in business startups and why chasing the latest social media trends is ineffective. They reveal how to identify and connect to the perfect client and the critical decisions to make for marketing. Mike also shares the three crucial elements of effective marketing, and John reveals the common mistakes people make regarding their selling platform advertising.
“Different’ gets noticed. Don’t be better, because the customer won’t see that—pursue ‘different’.” – Mike Michalowicz
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- Why the pandemic is causing an entrepreneurship boom
- Why chasing the latest social media trends doesn’t work
- How marketing communications have changed due to the pandemic
- How e-commerce will increase in the future
- How to gather the vital information needed to connect to your ideal customer
- The critical decisions to make for your business at each stage of marketing
- Selling on your website versus selling on a marketplace
- Questioning the necessity of buying ads to sell online
- How to evaluate your marketing ideas
- The three critical elements of effective marketing
- How to know when an advert has run its course
- Common mistakes people make with their marketing on selling platforms
- Book: The E-Myth: Why Most Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
Connect with Mike Michalowicz:
- Mike Michalowicz’s Website
- Podcast: Entrepreneurship Elevated
- Book: Get Different: Marketing That Can’t Be Ignored!
- Mike Michalowicz on LinkedIn
- Mike Michalowicz on Instagram
- Mike Michalowicz on Facebook
- Mike Michalowicz on Twitter
Connect with John Lawson:
- John Lawson’s Website
- Book: Kick Ass Social Commerce for E-Preneurs: It’s Not About Likes—It’s About Sales
- John Lawson on LinkedIn
- John Lawson on Facebook
- John Lawson on Twitter
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!