Eric Brown is a serial entrepreneur and highly experienced urban housing developer. In 2000, he started his company, Urbane Apartments, which has developed over 16,000 market-rate apartments nationwide. He is recognized as a vanguard in the family housing industry due to his social media marketing strategies. He recently branched out to go in a new direction with Urbane Farm, a purveyor of 100 unique hot sauce brands, fish sauces, salsas, etc. Eric launched his new book, Second Act Entrepreneur, to help entrepreneurs with their business start-ups.
Today, Eric joins me to share his second act entrepreneur journey and what inspired him to write his book. He reveals some of the early lessons he learned in business and why he moved from a long career in property to his new product venture. He reveals the advantages of being a 55+ entrepreneur and some things to bear in mind when choosing this path. Eric also details how he is marketing his new business and the cyclical business trends he has noticed over the years.
“There’s a difference between doing what you’re doing and being passionate about something.” – Eric Brown
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- What inspired Eric to write his book
- One of the most important lessons Eric learned from his first business
- Why Eric decided to switch from a 30-year property business career to his new venture
- The advantages of being a 55+ entrepreneur and the things you need to think about
- What Eric hopes to teach people with his new book
- How Eric is marketing and selling his new business
- The cyclical trends Eric has noticed in his long career in business
- Podcast: Letting Go & The Greatest Secret
- Book: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Connect with Eric Brown:
- Urbane Farm
- Book: The Second Act Entrepreneur – Red Hot Recipes for Your Business Start-Up
- Urbane Apartments on Instagram
- Urbane Apartments on Facebook
- Urbane Apartments on Twitter
- Urbane Apartments on Pinterest
- Eric Brown on LinkedIn
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
Leave a Reply