Dianna Geairn, aka The Irreverent Sales Girl, is the founder of Trade Show Makeover, a company that helps clients with generating business leads from the trade show floor. Her company has been featured in media publications like Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, and SellingPower. She is the host of the Youtube video series, The SellOut Show, where she shares actionable sales tips, tricks, and advice to help entrepreneurs “get a solid six” in sales.
Dianne joins me today to share how entrepreneurs can leverage live events and trade shows to grow their businesses. She discusses the business opportunities that are available exclusively at trade shows and explains how attending trade shows can help small business owners reduce their cost-per-appointment. She also shares tips on how to decide which live events are the right shows to attend for your small business, the biggest mistakes many entrepreneurs make when attending trade shows, and how to create memorable experiences for those who visit your trade show booth.
“It’s a really expensive thing to do – but if done well, there are some huge benefits.” – Dianna Geairn
Listen to the podcast below:
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- The challenges many entrepreneurs face in generating leads from trade shows
- How to decide if you should be a vendor at a live event
- The business opportunities exclusively available at live events
- How attending trade shows and live events help entrepreneurs reduce their cost-per-appointment
- The biggest mistakes entrepreneurs make when attending live events – and how to avoid them
- How to create memorable experiences for those who visit your booth
- The best business advice she has received as an entrepreneur
Your SmallBizChat Action Point for the Week:
- If you don’t have two-thirds of your appointments set up before you go to the trade show – don’t go. You won’t meet all of the people you want to meet when you go.
- Be more interested than interesting.
Connect with Dianna Geairn:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!