Raymon Ray is an author, journalist, speaker, and business thought leader who has had his market insights featured in publications such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and Inc Magazine. He has produced events such as Small Biz Big Things with Seth Godin, Small Business Summit and Small Business Influencer Awards, and has written thousands of articles for publications such as Smallbiztechnology and Entrepreneur Magazine on topics surrounding small businesses and technology. As a “marketing and technology evangelist,” Raymon had the opportunity to speak to President Obama in the first Google Plus Hangout and has worked with sales teams at Verizon Wireless and Symantec. Raymon’s latest book, Facebook Guide to Small Business Marketing, is an Amazon bestseller.
Raymon joins me today to discuss how you can boost your business sales and become a “Celebrity CEO.” He shares why it is essential for small business owners to develop their personal brand and the initial steps and strategies you should implement as you get started. Raymon also discusses how to make your brand more engaging and the role of content (especially video content) in developing engaging platforms to showcase who you are and what you do.
“Oftentimes, you have to be your own amplification.” – Raymon Ray
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- What a Celebrity CEO is and what it takes to become one
- The difference between a corporate brand and a personal brand
- Which type of brand a small business owner should focus on and why
- How to determine whether someone is a true Celebrity CEO in the digital age
- First steps to take in developing your personal brand
- Content’s role in effectively elevating your brand
- The two actions that people take when they are online
- The best business advice that Raymon has ever received
- The power of video content and the impact it can have on your brand
- Three types of video content to consider implementing
- Technical tips on how to produce compelling video content
Connect with Raymon Ray:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!