Jane Bolin is an attorney, entrepreneur, and Managing Partner at PeytonBolin, a Florida-based law firm providing legal services to property associations and individual owners. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Radford University and a Doctor of Law (J.D.) from St. Thomas University School of Law. Jane was elected to the City Commission of Oakland Park, Florida, where she currently serves as Mayor. She is also the first female Chair for the Entrepreneurs Organization Global Governance Committee. Jane is a six-time winner of the Reader’s Choice for Legal Services by the Florida Community Association and recognized by the South Florida Business Journal as a 40 Under 40, 100 Outstanding Women of Broward County.
Today, Jane shares how she has achieved such a varied career and why she decided to run for Mayor. She reveals the lessons taken from her time in office that she currently uses in her business and how being a business owner helps her in a public policy-making role. Jane shares how she uses her influence in the business world to help her community. She also reveals the most challenging things about running two businesses and being mayor.
“There are skills that small business owners have – that entrepreneurs have – that are desperately needed in public policy-making.” – Jane Bolin
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- Jane’s varied academic and professional background
- What made Jane decide to run for mayor
- The lessons Jane has taken from her time in office that apply to her business
- How Jane has used her influence and experience as an entrepreneur to help her community
- The hardest thing about being the mayor and running two businesses
- Podcast: Bulletproof Radio with Dave Asprey
- Book: The Three Laws of Performance by Steve Zaffron
Connect with Jane Bolin:
- PeytonBolin Website
- PeytonBolin on LinkedIn
- PeytonBolin on Instagram
- PeytonBolin on Twitter
- Giannell Title Website
- Jane Bolin on LinkedIn
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!