David C. Barnett loves to say that it took him 10 years to unlearn what he learned in business school. After a career in advertising sales, Barnett started several businesses, including a commercial debt brokerage house. Helping to finance small- and medium-sized businesses led to the field of business brokerage. Over several years, Barnett sold dozens of businesses for others while also managing his own portfolio of income properties and starting his career as a local private investor. Barnett regularly consults with professionals and banks on business and asset values. Presently, he also works with entrepreneurs and would-be entrepreneurs worldwide who are buying, selling, or trying to improve their businesses. You can get more information about him at davidcbarnett.com.
Today we talk to David C. Barnett, an expert in buying and selling business. He gives us information on how to prepare your business for sale, what to look for when you are buying, and how to understand the true value of your business. He has been in this industry for many years and has great wisdom to share with the SmallBiz Chat community.
“The value of a business is always determined by cash flow.” – David C. Barnett
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- The best place to find a business to buy.
- Knowing the kind of business you want to acquire.
- Creating relationships.
- Why businesses go up for sale.
- How much money you need to buy a business.
- The ways you can pay a seller over time.
- Positioning your business for sale.
- Boss Quiz: https://bossquiz.com/
Connect with David C. Barnett:
- Website: https://www.businessbuyeradvantage.com/
- Book: 21 Stupid Things People do When Trying to Buy a Business: https://dbarnett.gumroad.com/l/21stupidthings
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@DavidCBarnett
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbarnettmoncton
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dbarnettmoncton
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBarnettMoncton
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!