- The first step to creating your millionaire mindset is writing down the lessons you’ve learned on your journey. If you’re like most of us, you’re probably not too happy with some of the financial decisions you’ve made in your life thus far. As Dave Ramsey says, “That makes you over the age of twelve.” Your lessons learned are not about beating yourself up. It’s about the lessons you grasped so that you don’t have to keep repeating them. Perhaps you didn’t listen to your own innate wisdom or intuition in a particularly painful situation in your life. Write your lessons down, then forgive yourself.
Are you blaming others for your financial situation? People who don’t earn enough often blame others for their misfortune – the economy, their parents, partner, kids – the list is endless. They believe that they have no choice in the matter. Power Earners (who make over 100K a year) know they have all the power. If you’re blaming others for the state of your affairs, take your power back by forgiving them, as well.
- Be passionate about what you do (not just the money) and have a happy, balanced life. What are your passion and your purpose? If they’re not part of your career, change your job! When you align with your purpose, things start to flow! The Universe will rearrange itself to make it easy for you when you commit to your passion and purpose. Yes, you’ll still have to do the work, but the struggle will be eliminated.
- Admit that you’re fed up and make a decision to increase your income. Draw a line in the sand. Struggling just to get by is no longer an option! You are personally no longer a ‘non-profit’. This doesn’t mean that you will only pursue money to the detriment of the rest of your life. You must have hobbies, friends or family in your life.
Even if you’re not sure you can succeed, get started. Be open to the possibility. Take the first step. You’ll increase your confidence as you go. Once you decide what you want and let go of how it will happen, be prepared for the Universe to bring it to fruition.
- What you think about, you bring about, so why not choose the highest quality thoughts? Talk about what you’re committed to, not what you’re concerned about. I’m not saying to completely ignore your present situation if it’s less than ideal, but don’t dwell on it. When you have a problem, try to focus on what you want, rather than what you don’t want. Try a 50% focus on what you want, 50% on the issue. Then increase the positive even more. It will change your vibration and your life.
People who don’t have enough money spend all their time and energy focused on lack. Then they get even more lack. They’re subtly, possibly subconsciously, sabotaging their efforts to make or keep more money. As often as possible, think about things which make you happy. You will attract more reasons to be happy. Being joyful takes less energy than being angry, sad or upset. Plus it feels better!
- The next step is to align your intentions. We all have numerous intentions, including some we aren’t even aware of. You run into trouble when your expressed intentions are at odds with your unconscious ones. Now is the time to clean out the old, subconscious ones that don’t serve you anymore, so your new, clear intentions can produce your desired results.
You won’t be able to increase your income until you’ve shown God or the Universe that you do a good job managing the money you already have. What are five things that are important to you to take care of money that you’re not currently doing? Prioritize them. Vow to get started on two of them this week. When you start paying attention to your money, your income will increase, guaranteed! Consistent, small steps will lead to remarkable results.
About the Author: Melissa Cappleman, a spiritual prosperity expert and founder of Blessed & Rich helps spiritually-open women who have emotional blocks and struggle with mixed emotions behind handling and earning money. 5MillionaireMindsetSecrets.com
“Walking On Coins” courtesy of patpitchaya / www.freedigitalphotos.net