Welcome to the first episode of the SmallBizChat Podcast – the show that’s on a mission to help you improve your small business and avoid small business failure. I’m your host, Melinda Emerson “SmallBizLady,” America’s #1 Small Business Expert.
On today’s episode, I share who I am, how I became known as the SmallBizLady, and the challenges I’ve faced throughout my entrepreneurial journey. I share how being on bedrest while pregnant with my son forced me to slow down and allowed me to discover the mistakes I’ve made as an entrepreneur. I share how I found inspiration and motivation from these mistakes and how it led me to help other entrepreneurs. I also share how the SmallBizChat Twitter talk show got started and what you can expect from each episode of the SmallBizChat podcast.
“Figure out what your calling is. Then, be ready to do the work.”
– Melinda Emerson
Listen to the podcast below:
Here’s what you’ll learn on this episode:
- My journey into entrepreneurship
- The personal challenges I faced and expensive lessons I’ve learned throughout my entrepreneurial journey
- How I gained inspiration from my mistakes and failures
- How I became known as the SmallBizLady
- The inspiration behind my first book and the challenges I faced to get that book to the market
- How the SmallBizChat Twitter talk show was born
- What to expect from each episode of the SmallBizChat podcast
Your SmallBizChat Action Point for the Week:
Figure out your calling and be ready to do the work. If you want fame, well fame costs. You will pay, but the reward is worth it.
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!