Melina Palmer is the founder and CEO of The Brainy Business, which provides behavioral economics consulting to businesses of all sizes worldwide. Her podcast, The Brainy Business: Understanding the Psychology of Why People Buy, has downloads in over 170 countries and is used as a resource for teaching applied behavioral economics to many universities and businesses. She teaches applied behavioral economics through the Texas A&M Human Behavior Lab and writes a column on behavioral economics for Inc Magazine. Her first book, What Your Customer Wants and Can’t Tell You, was published in May 2021 and was a finalist in two categories of the International Book Awards. Her second book, What Your Employees Need and Can’t Tell You, is out now! Find out more at thebrainybusiness.com.
Tonight’s show is about digging in and learning more about your customers and why they buy. If you’re looking for ways to build a deeper relationship with your target customers, you’re in the right place because we will discuss behavioral economics.
“What I do is help people to see how you can take those common rules and then apply them in a way that’s going to make it more likely to be successful, more likely for people to choose you, and to feel good about those decisions.” – Melina Palmer
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How Melina got her start in behavioral economics.
- Why making decisions is like riding an elephant.
- B2B vs. B2C buyers.
- Understanding our habits and the way brains make decisions.
- It’s not about the cookie.
- Secrets of pricing your brand or product.
- The one word that increases sales by 33%.
- Top 5 mistakes small businesses make when writing copy or creating ads.
- BossQuiz: https://bossquiz.com/
Connect with Melina Palmer:
- Website: https://www.thebrainybusiness.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thebrainybiz
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/melinapalmer/
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/thebrainybiz
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/thebrainybiz
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
Leave a Reply