Kate Winkler is the CEO of Ruby, a live virtual receptionist and chat company. Kate is a dynamic C-level executive entrepreneur and mid-market business advisor. Following a successful career in the technology sector working with small and large businesses through various stages of growth, Kate joined Ruby in 2019. Ruby serves small businesses to help them survive and thrive through real human connections. The company supports over 13,000 businesses across the United States by providing virtual receptionists and live chat specialists. Forbes magazine highlighted Ruby as one of the best small businesses to work for in the US.
Today, Kate joins me to share how she became the CEO of Ruby and the challenges of taking over a company from its founder. She reveals how the business has evolved since she joined and how using Ruby can help companies improve their customer experience. She highlights the differences between the Virtual Receptionist service and Live Chat service and why it’s essential to create sales systems. Kate also advises on approaching customer service as a side hustle business and knowing when it’s time to outsource part of your sales process.
“Be present. Make sure you have every opportunity to service your consumers.” – Kate Winkler
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How Kate became the CEO of Ruby
- The challenges of taking over a business from a founder
- How Ruby has evolved over the last two years
- How leveraging a service like Ruby can help small businesses improve the customer experience
- The difference between the Ruby Reception service and Ruby Live Chat service
- Why it’s crucial to create sales systems
- Sales systems versus customer service systems
- How to approach customer service in a side hustle business
- How to determine when it’s time to outsource part of your sales process
- Podcast: Pod Save America
- Podcast: Hidden Brain
- Candy Crush
- Book: The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle
- Book: Disrupt You! by Jay Samit
- Join the Book Team
Connect with Kate Winkler:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!