Video marketing is a very effective way to market your business. And Facebook Live is one of the best ways to leverage live video marketing. It gives you a way to create an authentic connection with your target audience and build a following. But do you know what to do after a Facebook Live event is over to keep the momentum going?
Here are 17 tips to maximize a Facebook Live event!
- Respond to all comments. Read all comments left on your video postings. If you can, write a message back, but at least react to the comments.
- Follow up with a clear call to action. You must tell your fans what they can do next, like sign up for your webinar, join your email list, and follow your Facebook Fan Page.
- Send a thank you. Depending on how many people joined your Live stream, send a thank you through messenger! Through the shares, comments and likes, you should have a sense of who attended your live event.
- Share your recording on video sites. Post your recorded video on your YouTube or Vimeo channels. You should also consider sharing it on your blog.
- Edit your video down to share on other social platforms. I love to repurpose good content. Cut your video up into shorter clips to engage your audiences on Instagram and Twitter.
- Use a link of the recording in your email newsletter. Add a clip or the whole video in your newsletter or send out a special email blast with the video, but be sure to include a written mini-description of the topic too.
- Encourage people to be notified whenever you go live on Facebook. You must invite your list to subscribe to the stream be informed of your next live event. You should also try to go live at the same time.
- Leverage your guest expert to share the video. If you interview a guest of your live broadcast, provide the video to your featured guests and ask them to share the video to their social followings and on their Facebook fan page.
- Use hashtags. Post your live video or clips using hashtags to draw in an audience on social media interested in your topic. This could build an even bigger audience for your next live stream, especially on Instagram.
- Add a link to the YouTube link of your video in your email signature!
- Leverage Twitter lists of influencers and post your video clips to this targeted list of influencers to share your content.
- Share the video content or clips in groups you belong in on social platforms on LinkedIn Facebook, Pinterest, and Google+.
- Cut at least four video clips and post multiple times across your social footprint. Each time, use a different title and content.
- Submit a concise clip or the entire video to industry websites and newsletter publications.
- Post the video or a specific clip on curated websites and syndicators such as Medium, Reddit, Digg, or StumbleUpon or syndication sites like: AllTop, BlogCatalog, OutBrain, and Triberr. This will help spread your message to an even wider audience and boost your brand.
- Submit the video or an extended clip as a guest blog post. Be sure to include with the video clip a mini-article to an influencer blogs.
- Comment on relevant blogs in your industry and link back to your video. Make sure your comment is relevant, and select blogs that you have visited before and left comments – those for which you have a rapport with the blog publisher, otherwise you could be seen as someone that is just trying to promote yourself and could get called out or have your comment removed.
Great content should be circulated at least four times before moving on to something new. You don’t have to do all of these tactics, but if you pick a few to work on, you’ll grow your brand and build a following for your next Facebook Live event for sure. Using live video allows you to build a deeper and more intimate relationship with your target audience. Once you build trust, that’s when you can get your audience to buy from you.
Do you have any other great tips for leveraging live video?
Leave a Reply